Sunday, December 30, 2012
Tuesday, December 18, 2012
Today during class, there were some stereotypes going on about emo and goth. I decided to clear it up with a little lecture. I feel great because I established a lot of things by demolishing the stereo types and having more people understand the subculture or at least have less misconceptions. I still have some stubborn people in the classroom who wouldn't listen to me because they thought they knew more about the subculture than I did. Most of them probably didn't even know that gothic is a subculture, a genre of music or literature or a style in architecture ,but just fashion. That is it for now, but expect more posts soon.
Sunday, December 2, 2012
Sunday, October 21, 2012
Most of the time when people find out I'm a goth they are so surprised. That is because in real life I don't really like to talk about my darker interests. I get paranoid when many people find out that I am goth because there is so many discrimination going around. There are already so many crimes being done to goths and hate sites set up that I get scared. Maybe this is because I am only a child.
Paranoia isn't the only reason I am a closet goth. It is much easier at the moment. I don't find myself having as many fights with my parents because I'm "out of my phase" and I don't have to explain my interests all the time. Anyway, I have a uniform at school so I only need a few darkish outfits for thrifting and library days. Sometimes I can't help but feel like dressing up and just staying home.
Maybe someday I'll come out my closet goth lifestyle and people putside of the internet will see my dark charm.
Friday, October 19, 2012
Sunday, October 7, 2012
Anywho, I have been in school for about 3 months and Friday was my picture day. I was minding my own buisiness when 5 girls started crowding around me. One of them asked "So like, you're on of those goth people?" When I said yes there was an awkward silence then she said that I was too happy to be a goth.
This really disturbed me. It's just rediculous how I have to be sad and depressed to be goth. I blame television for this.
|an episode on disney where to kids act "goth"|
Thursday, August 9, 2012
My Dress Code's Loop Holes= Quoted from my uniform code
- "No students are to have any unusual or unnatural hair colors." This rule is a giant pain if you love how the color purple looks on your head. I have gotten around this rule many times. The automatic color that came to mind was black, but I tried colors like white and grey, that are technicaly natural colors. Also, I had black hair with white and gray streaks instead of solid colors.
- "No students are to have any visable peircings exept on the ear." This rule never say how many peircings you can have, so go on and get an extra peircing.
- "Students are to only wear predominately black or white tennis shoes. Exeptions depend on occasion." This one doesn't bother me much considering that there are tons of black tennis shoes out there like these creeper-like sneakers and these studded sneakers.
Other Ways to Show Creativity
If you are a male don't exclude yourself from any of these listings.
- Make up is a great way to show creativity. Simply some dark eyeshadow will do for those not allowed to do much with makeup or wear very much. Possibilities are endless or at least too much to enter here.
- Nail art is one of my favorite things to do every Saturday. I usally glue some eyeballs or paint cobwebs and spiders.
- Temporary tattoos or body art are usually forgotten in my dress codes. I usually have small ones around my hands that I paint myself.
Your Material Items
- For notebooks, try to get the ones with tranparency film pockets in front. this way you can insert artwork in. If you can't find any, draw or paint on the front or back (if allowed).
- On pencil pouches and backpacks sew, paint or iron on decals pictures or whatever you want.
- Find odd backpacks. There are weird shaped backpacks such as coffins, but I have found that many of these odd shaped backpacks don't offer much space. Some designers actually offer nice artwork already on their backpacks. There are some nice backpacks in this post from The Everyday Goth.
Friday, July 13, 2012
I think that this should be changed to "a bloggy blog of a baby bat shopper" because around 80% of the posts on this blog are about shopping. Don't worry that will change soon because I'm almost out of money. This means I will actually use the things I bought.
Today, as in the last post, I was in my favorite craft store. Today, found another spooky find. I don't know why but the store seems to be celebrating Halloween early. I found the perfect ribbons to go with the charms from my last post. They are black sheer, cobwebs, and bats. Take a look for yourself.
Saturday, July 7, 2012
Today, I took a small trip to a local craft store and I found some beautiful goodies. There was a 50% off sale and I found a bag of charms that were only 2 USD. I was a little surprised to find scorpions, spiders, and a bat together in one pack! Now I have a new GIY project!
Monday, June 18, 2012
Friday, June 8, 2012
Tuesday, June 5, 2012
The camp seems like it will be quite an expierience and great way to start my summer. I will live in a dorm on a college campus with my own roommate. There are classes I attend where I think I will solve equations and use scientific methods and such. Considering I am only eleven. this is quite a head start in college life.
Thursday, May 31, 2012
Today I recieved :
9 Paper Awards
- Reading Award
- Mathematics Award
- Science Award
- Excellence(citizenship) Award
- Mail System Leadership Award - Nixie Clerk
- Mail System Leadership Award - Canceller(promotion)
- Hall Monitor's Award
- Most Intelligent
- Class Favorite
- A Honor Roll
- E.Y.E.(Engaging Youth in Engineering) Club
- President's Award
- Medal of Participation
- Perfect Attendence
Saturday, May 26, 2012
For accessories I sometimes shop at Claires. It seems they have failed to open up to many goths as they have attempted to do.
|Heart and Lace Choker|
|Talk About Toxic Earrings|
|White Lace Fingerless Gloves|
Wednesday, May 23, 2012
|A sight I came upon on my walk|
|A ring and a lace ribbon as a collar|
|My favorite dress|
|My lovely(and rushed) artwork in art class|